Theoretical predictions of highly energetic particles energy loss in quark-gluon plasma
Теоријска предвиђања губитака енергије високо енергијских честица у кварк-глуонској плазми.
Blagojević, Bojana N.
Faculty:Универзитет у Београду, Физички факултет
MetadataShow full item record
- Theoretical predictions of jet observables in QCD matter (EC-FP7 276913)
- АТЛАС експеримент и физика честица на LHC енергијама (MPNTR-ON 171004)
Today, it is considered that the reached collision energies in the ultra-relativistic heavy ion collisions (HIC) at the RHIC and the LHC are sufficiently high for the new state of matter − quark-gluon plasma (QGP), consisting of liberated quarks, antiquarks and gluons, to be created under controlled experimental conditions. Upon establishing that QGP is created, one of the main goals of heavy ion program at the RHIC and the LHC is understanding the properties of newly created state of matter. Thus created QGP is constituted of low-energetic particles, which represent 99.9% of quarks and gluons created in ultra-relativistic HIC. The remaining 0.1% are high-energy particles (tomographic probes), which are the subject of this thesis...
Keywords:heavy-ion collisions, parton’s energy loss, suppression, high p? particle, beyond soft-gluon approximation, nuclear modification factor